rental faq

 MDI REAL ESTATE & MDI VACATION RENTALS

 Once you have selected a property, contact us by e-mail, phone or click on the "Contact Us" link found on each listing to check on availability for any given property.
 
The Agency's MDI Vacation Rentals Department can most definitely help facilitate the process by offering tailored suggestions and providing added property details. Most rentals run Saturday to Saturday, with a usual arrival time of 3 PM and departure time of 10:00 AM. All the properties we represent are fully equipped with household items, including linens, dishes etc. Most of the properties we represent have restrictive telephone blocks so be certain to use your cell phone or telephone calling card while on vacation. Pets are only permitted on a case by case basis with special permission from the property owner. Smoking is not permitted in or at any of the properties we represent.
 

Once a reservation and verbal commitment is made, a lease and other paperwork will provided to you for completion and signature. Neccesary paperwork must be returned within a week to secure the reservation, along with a 40% deposit of the total rent amount, payable to MOUNT DESERT ISLAND REAL ESTATE. We will circulate the lease to the property owner and send you a copy of the fully executed lease. The remainder 60% balance of the total rent, additional non taxable fees, Maine State Lodging Tax and Security Deposit, will be due as stipulated in the Lease Agreement, prior to arrival. During Prime Season, we reserve the right to request Full Payment be made at time of booking. Additionally, we may require a non refundable credit card deposit to hold your reservation. After the balance has been paid, we will provide directions and keys to your rental property. The security deposit will be returned promptly upon satisfactory property inspection. 

CANCELLATION POLICY:
If you have to cancel your reservation, the following condition applies:
The Lessee agrees that, subsequent to making the initial deposit payment and upon signing of the Lease contract, should it become impossible for Lessee to occupy the premises, due to unforeseen circumstances and for any reason, and no fault of the Lessor, the cancellation fee shall apply and any amount paid shall be retained.... In the event of Lessee cancellation, the Lessee is held responsible for payment due for the entire Lease period, excluding tax and Security Deposit.... At the Lessor’s discretion, full or partial cancellations may be allowed... Mount Desert Island Real Estate will make a diligent effort to work with both the Lessee and Lessor to negotiate resolution in situations with extenuating circumstances, however the Agency will maintain its primary responsibility to its clients, the Lessors.  As Deposits are non refundable, it is strongly recommended that the Lessee purchase Travel Insurance. Of course, if a property re rents, you may expect to see a return of funds paid.
 
MOUNT DESERT ISLAND REAL ESTATE does not guarantee quiet use or enjoyment of the property due to noise from other persons, construction, maintenance etc. from neighboring properties and will not grant a rebate for circumstances originating outside the property.
 

SMOKING, PETS AND OCCUPANCY LIMITS:
Smoking is not permitted inside the rental properties. Pets are allowed only by special permission from the owner and only if agreed to in a fully executed Lease. If pets are allowed, the number of allowed pets agreed to in the lease may not be exceeded. Maximum occupancy is set by the property owner and agreed to by the tenant in the signed Lease. This limit may be not exceeded. All tenants agree that at the owner's discretion, all or a portion of the the security deposit may be forfeited without recourse if any or all of these terms are violated.

MDI REAL ESTATE & MDI VACATION RENTALS looks forward to working with you to secure the best possible accommodation for a wonderful vacation on Mount Desert Island. We represent and have a primary duty to the owners of the rental properties. While every effort is made to ensure property detail information is accurate, property features, prices and availability are subject to change without notice, and errors may occur regarding the conveyance of property details. All of our listings are subject to errors and omissions. We strongly recommend that tenants make a personal inspection of any property prior to signing any lease.  
 
 

 rentals@mdireal.com 

207.288.8009 

We run a busy office! Please leave a detailed message, including number in party, any pet details, email address,telephone number, optimal budget, and location.